How to Monetize a Blog Like a Pimp!
photo by taberandrew
Our pal Jim Wang, of Bargaineering (and Scotch Addict!), came on the Entry/Exit Podcast this week. Jim knows a thing or two about making money online and he’s one of the authorities on using a blog to generate a living.
We talked to Jim about how he built Bargaineering and he gave some great insights on how aspiring blog moguls should think about growth and monetization.
Have a listen and let us here your thoughts!
- Money is scary!
- Why not journal what I’m learning?
- It’s never easy, but being early is an advantage
- Bring something unique (distilling complicated financial info)
Going Full Time
- Began as a hobby
- Traffic and popularity was more fun than $$$
- Found affiliate marketing
- Difficult to monetize a blog, all about traffic
- PF blog network
- Network in your niche
- Good for SEO, better for influence
- Being big really helps
- Simple and functional
- Do things to build credibility
- “As seen in” needs to link
- Show that you can provide value to get better affiliate payouts
- Get traffic, convert it, profit (Sounds easy! )
- Are my leads high quality? Raise payout if so!
- Leads are great because you’re not charging consumers to get a commission